World of Warcraft
From Mac Guides
Accurate as of 06/13/12
This article will attempt to answer the most common questions about World of Warcraft (also known as 'WoW') by providing links to basic information about the game and providing information about playing World of Warcraft on the Macintosh platform. If you have any additional links you would like to add to the guide feel free to do so. Feel free to replace links that contain outdated information as well.
World of Warcraft is a computer game developed by Blizzard Inc. It is a 'MMORPG', or Massively-Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game. Taking place in a fictional online world, players interact with millions of other players worldwide. The game is fee-based and costs $14.99/month to play, $13.99 for a 3 month subscription, and if you are committed, the best deal offered is $12.99 for a six month subscription.
Want to know more? Click here for a more detailed overview of World of Warcraft.
Accurate as of 06/13/12
World of Warcraft is simultaneously developed for the Windows and Mac platforms, and the two versions are entirely interoperable.
World of Warcraft is NOT supported on PowerPC based Macs.
Accurate as of 06/13/12
These are the minimum system requirements for Mac as posted by Blizzard (link):
Mac® OS X 10.5.8, 10.6.8, or 10.7.X:
- Intel processor
- 2 GB RAM or higher
- 25.0 GB available HD space
- 4X DVD-ROM Drive
- Broadband Internet connection
These are the recommended system requirements as posted by Blizzard:
Mac® OS X 10.7.X:
- Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor - NVIDIA® GeForce® 9600M GT or ATI Radeon™ HD 4670 or better
- 4 GB system RAM
- Multi-button mouse with scroll wheel
Accurate as of 07/06/12
World of Warcraft performance is a highly debated and asked-about topic. Typically performance is broken down into two categories: in-city or raid performance, where there are many other players, and outdoor performance, where there are few other players encountered.
Assuming the graphics are set at medium or below and on a Mac running at least 10.5.8:
Poor: Expected average FPS(frames per second): Less than 20 outdoors, less than 5 in cities/raids.
Weak: Expected average FPS: At least 20 outdoors, at least 5 in cities/raids.
Decent: Expected average FPS: At least 30 outdoors, at least 10 in cities/raids.
Good: Expected average FPS: At least 40 outdoors, at least 20 in cities/raids.
Great: Expected average FPS At least 50 outdoors, at least 30 in cities/raids.
Excellent: Expected average FPS: 60 outdoors, greater than 40 in cities/raids.
Poor to Weak
- Any Macbook, Macbook Air, Macbook Pro, iMac, or Mac Mini built before 2008.
- Mac Pro with GeForce 7300 GT or ATI Radeon x1900.
Weak to Good
- iMacs built after 2008.
- Mac Mini and Macbook Air models built after 2010.
- 15" Macbook Pros built after 2008.
- Macbook built after 2008
- 13" Macbook Pro built after 2008
Good to Great
- iMacs built during or after 2010
- 15-17" Macbook Pros built during or after 2010
- Mac Pro with nVidia GeForce 8800GT, GT 120, or ATI Radeon 4870.
- Macbook Pros with Retina Display built in 2012 on maximum resolution
Great to Excellent
- Mac Pro with ATI Radeon 5770 or ATI Radeon 5870
- iMacs built during or after 2011.
- Macbook Pros with Retina Display built in 2012 below maximum resolution
- Macbook Pros with GT 650M without Retina Display built in 2012
- Based on comparison of Mac hardware to the minimum and recommended system requirements posted by Blizzard. Should be accurate but your mileage may vary.
WoW on OS X
Accurate as of 06/13/12
- "'Reinstalling WoW without DVD'" To reinstall World of Warcraft head over to www.worldofwarcraft.com. In the upper right corner select "Login" and enter your Battle.net information to log in. Once logged in select "Account" (located in the upper right corner). Select your World of Warcraft game listed under "Game Accounts" and select "Download Game Client". Next to "Full Game Client" select the option to download the Mac version of the game. Run the downloaded application to begin the download and installation of the game.
Well Known Issues Under OS X : None
Accurate as of 06/12/12
General WoW Links
- Useful Information regarding quests, gear, NPC locations, and more. - Thottbot.com- All things WoW!
- Useful Information regarding quests, gear, NPC locations, and more - Allakhazam.com- All things WoW!
- Basically Wikipedia for WoW - WoWWiki- All things WoW!
- A cross between Thottbot and wowwiki.com - WoWHead.com- Large WoW Database!
- Forum Focused on MMORPG Media and Discussion - MMO-Champion- Basically MacRumors for MMORPG Players
- WoW Server or "Realms" explanation.
Blizzard WoW Links
- blizzard.com- Official site of Blizzard, developer of World of Warcraft.
- worldofwarcraft- Official site of the game, World of Warcraft
- WoW Beginner's Guide
- WoW Detailed Game Guide Provided by Blizzard
- Mists of Pandaria (Upcoming World of Warcraft Expansion Information).
- Cataclysm (Current World of Warcraft Expansion Information)
- WoW Current Patch Notes.
- WoW Mounts and Flying Mounts. Related Non-Official Links: Flying Guide at TenTonHammer, Mount Info at WoW Wiki.
- Wow Classes.
- WoW Professions
- WoW Races.
WoW PVP Links
WoW Add Ons
Accurate as of 06/13/12
- Curse.com WoW Addon source.
- WoWInterface WoW Addon Source.
- Lightheaded Constantly updated add-on for finding information about quests and reading player's comments about quests. Use with TomTom for simple questing
- CTMod- Buff Mod shows buffs on party members.
- Decursive- Buffs, Debuffs, in combat.
- Titan Panel- bunches of info.
- Healium Useful addon for easy healing.
- Deadly Boss Mods - Gives dungeon and raid notifications and warnings for Cataclysm Content
- Deadly Boss Mods *Old* - Gives dungeon and raid notifications and warnings for Pre-Cataclysm Content
WoW Keybindings & Macros
Accurate as of 06/13/12
Keybindings are used to enhance and simplify how players use their abilities. Recommended for advanced users but helpful to all. For an excellent tutorial on Keybindings please visit WoW Keybindings Guide or Noxxic Keybinding Guide
Macros are also intended to make it easier for players to use their abilities. Recommended for advanced users. See Noxxic Macros Guide for an excellent guide.
- Still confused? Interested in learning more? Ask for help at World of Warcraft's official UI/Macro Forums
- Also see NPC/Quest Info Section for TBC and WoTLK related links.
- See the MacRumor WoW Dungeon Boss Summaries Guide for specific boss strategies.
World of Warcraft features three expansions: The Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, and Cataclysm. They should be bought in that order. However, since patch 4.2.0, The Burning Crusade is free and once you buy or own World of Warcraft, your account will be upgraded to this expansion as well. The Burning Crusade offers Outland, a continent that lets you level your characters from 60 to 70, two new races and respective starting zones: Draenei (Alliance) and Blood Elf (Horde), as well as additional dungeons and raids. Wrath of the Lich King offers Northrend, a Nordic continent that lets your characters level from 70 to 80, one new hero-class: Death-Knight, as well as additional dungeons and raids. To start playing a Death Knight, you need at least one character at level 55 or beyond on that realm. Cataclysm offers a revamped Azeroth, additional high-level zones for characters up to level 85, two new races: Worgen (Alliance) and Goblins (Horde), a new glyph system, revamped talent trees, new race/class combinations, and extra dungeons and raids for level 85 characters. Much of the content is available for all players, including those who have not bought the Cataclysm expansion, like the revamped Azeroth and new race/class combinations.
For more information on World of Warcraft expansions in general and specific expansions click here
The Burning Crusade Links
- Complete List of TBC Trainers at WoWVault.
- The Burning Crusade at WoWWiki.
- Honor Hold NPCs- (Hellfire Penninsula)- list of all NPCs, includes trainers and quest givers.
- Shattrath City NPCs- (Terokkar Forest, Major Hub of Outlands)-list of all NPCs, includes trainers, quest givers, and other good info.
- Telaar (Nagrand) NPCs-at WoWWiki.com.
- TBC Instance Attunement- at Worldofwarcraft.com.
- Burning Crusade Guides- at WoW Vault.
- Shattrath City Factions- Burning Crusade Guide at WoW Vault.
- Shattrath City NPCs- (Terokkar Forest, Major Hub of Outlands)-list of all NPCs, includes trainers, quest givers, and other good info.
- Individual faction links to be posted in future. For now the easiest way to get a handle on TBC Factions is to visit the WoWHead Faction List or for Quartermaster/Gear relationships, see this WoWWiki Quartermaster Link scroll down to the The Burning Crusade Section and Quartermaster faction links will be posted.
- INCOMPLETE LIST; L= Player Level, P5= 5 player party, P25= 25 player raid
- TBC Instances- at Ten Ton Hammer.
- TBC Instance Progression- at Ten Ton Hammer.
- Hellfire Citadel consists of 4 dungeons. Hellfire Citadel Overview. Map links and level info: Graphic that shows the entrances to these dungeons. Ride out of the West entrance of Honor Hold, just to the right of the guard tower. Stay to the right, but don't fall down into the ravine, take the bridge to the right to the meeting stone. The Ramparts is just to the left of the stone (facing it). Shattered Halls is just to the right of the stone. Blood Furnace is up above- Instead of crossing the bridge to the stone, prior to the bridge, veer left, follow the high wall to a long set of stairs, go up, then hang a right to the entrance. Hellfire Ramparts Map L60-62 P5; Blood Furnace Map L61-63 P5; Shattered Halls Map L70-72 P5; Magtheridon's Lair Map L70 P25). See next paragraph for guides.
- Hellfire Citadel Guides: Hellfire Ramparts Guide at TenTonHamer; Hellfire Ramparts Guide at WoWWiki.com; Blood Furnace Guide at BlizzardGuides.com; Blood furnace Guide at WoWWiki; Blood Furnace Guide at TenTonHammer; Shattered Halls Guide at TenTonHammer; Shattered Halles Guide at WoWWiki; Magtheridon's Lair Guide at TenTonHammer; Magtheridon's Lair Guide at AlmostGaming; Magtheridon's Drop List at WoWHead; Magtheridon's Lair Guide at MMO-Champion.com.
- Colfang Reservoir- Zangar Marsch (Slave Pens L61-64 P5, Underbog L62-65 P5, Steamvault L70 P5, Serpentshrine Cavern L70 P25). Colfang Reservoir Maps and Coilfang Reservoir Quests.
- Auchindoun located in Tekkora Forest consists of the following instances: Shadow Labyrinth at WoWWiki.com (L69-70, P5); Mana Tombs- at Infoceptor.net (L64-66, P5); Auchenei Crypts- at Infoceptor.net(L66-68, P5); and Sethekk Halls- at WoWWiki.com (L67-69, P5). Note: Shadow Labyrinth requires a key to enter. Shadow Labyrinth Key is found in Sethekk Halls
Wrath of the Lich King
- new - Wraith of the Lich King Guide at WoWWiki.com.
- new Argent Tournament Guide- At WoWWiki. In Northrend this is the place to get your joust on!
- Wraith of the Lich King Guide at Thottbot.com.
- Wrath of the Lich King Instances- at Ten Ton Hammer.
- Profession Trainers in Northrend- at spooncraft.com.
- Northrend Daily Quests- at WoWWiki.com.
- Death Knight Trainers- from WoWWiki.com
- Drakkari Offerings- Don't pass these up as they give you buffs for Gundrak, Drak'Tharon, and Zul'Drak.
- If you are interested in gaining reputation to purchase Faction Quartermaster Gear, take a look at these factions.
- Argent Crusade Dragonblight, Zul'Drak, IceCrown.
- Kalu'ak Borean Tundra, Howling Fjord, Dragonblight.
- Kirin Tor Dalaran.
- Knights of the Ebon Blade Eastern Plaguelands (classic WoW), Quests/rep in Zul'Drak, Icecrown.
- Sons of Hodiar Storm Peaks.
- Wyrmrest Accord Dragonblight.
- INCOMPLETE LIST. For WotLK info, see the MacRumors WoW Dungeon Boss Summaries Guide.
- Northrend Instances- at Gnomeirl.wordpress.com. This link has a good representation of where the instances are located.
- Borean Tundra Nexus Guide- at WrathGuide.com located adjacent to Borean Tundra. (5 player L70-73]
- Borean Tundra The Oculus Guide at World of Strats. Instance is designed for L80 players, is located above the Nexus and is unique in that players control drakes during combat. (5 player L80).
- Dalaran Violet Hold Guide at WoWWiki.com- located in the city of Dalaran. Similiar to the Stockades in nature, a prison. (5 player L75-77) Quest available in Violet Citadel in Dalaran. Violet Hold Instance Guide- at ZugGaming. The Violet Hold Instance Guide at TenTonHammer.com.
- DragonBlight Ahn'kahet: The Old Kingdom Guide- at WoWWiki.com located in Dragonblight in the same hole as Azjol-Nerub just north of Star's Rest (Star's Rest location 29.2, 55.9) in Dragonblight. (5 player L73-75) WoWHead.com link. WoW.IncGamers Guide.
- DragonBlight Azjol-Nerub Guide- at WoWWiki.com located in Dragbonblight, same location as Ahn'kahet, just North of Star's Rest. (5 player L72-74).
- Grizzly Hills Drak'Tharon Keep Guide- at WoWWiki.com located North Western Grizzly Hills near border with Zul'Drak. (5Player 74-76, min 72).
- Howling Fjord Utgard Pinnacle Guide- at WorldofStrats.com. Second five man dungeon designed for level 80 players located at Utgard Keep in Howling Fjord. Meeting stone at 57.1, 46.2. Utgarde Keep Guide- at WorldofStrats.com. UP Guide at Singuild.Lefora.com.
- new Storm Peaks Uldar is a titan hall in the Storm peaks consisting of Halls of Lightning (5 player 78-80), Halls of Stone (5 player 77-79] (Quest: Halls of Stone Quest) and a raid dungeon called Ulder. Heroic Halls of Lightning Guide- at tankspot.com.
- Zul'Drak Gundrak Guide- at WoWWiki.com. Gundrak Guide- at WorldofStrats.com. Gundrak is located in North Eastern Zul'Drak. (5 player 76-78)
Instance Maps (1-60)
Tired of getting lost in Dungeons? (name, location, level range, PL=player limit)
- Instance Maps at WoWHead.com. Fairly comprehensive list.
- Dead Mines Westfall 15-21 PL10
- Ragefire Chasm Orgrimmar 15-21 PL10
- Wailing Cavern Northern Barrens 15-25 PL10
- Shadow Fang Keep Silverpine Forest 16-26 PL 10
- Black Fathom Deeps Ashenvale 20-30 PL10
- The Stockade Stormwind City 20-30 PL10
- Gnomeregan Dun Morogh 24-34 PL10
- The Scarlet Monestary: Graveyard Tirisfal Glades 26-36 PL10
- The Scarlet Monestary: Library Tirisfal Glades 29-39 PL10
- Razorfen Kraul Southern Barrens 30-40 PL10
- Maraudon: The Wicked Grotto Desolace 30-40 PL10
- The Scarlet Monestary: Armory Tirisfal Glades 32-42 PL10
- Maraudon: Foulspore Cavern Desolace 32-42 PL10
- Maraudon: Earth Song Falls Desolace 34-44 PL10
- The Scarlet Monestary: Cathedral Tirisfal Glades 35-45 PL10
- Uldaman The Badlands 35-45 PL10
- Dire Maul: Warpwood Quarter Feralas Level 36-46 PL5
- Scholomance Western Plaguelands Level 38-48 PL 10
- Dire Maul: Capital Gardens Feralas Level 39-49 PL5
- Razorfen Downs Southern Barrens 40-50 PL10
- Dire Maul: Gordock Commons Feralas Level 42-52 PL5
- Zul Farrak Tanaris 44-54 PL10
- Black Rock Depths: Detention Block Black Rock Depths 47-57 PL10 (updated 10/8/11) Black Rock Depths Quests.
- Upper Black Rock Spire Black Rock Mountain 55-65.
- Upper Black Rock Spire Black Rock Mountain 55-65.
- Molten Core Location Black Rock Mountain 60++ PL 40
- Black Wing Lair- Black Rock Mountain 60+ PL 40
WoW Class Info
- These links may also be posted in appropriate class sections below.
- A Must Resource WoWArmory- an indispensable database of WoW Gear organized in by category, by dungeon, by gear type, etc. Select a category of items such as Weapon> 1 handed mace. Turn on the "Item Filter" if it does not come on automatically and search.
- A Must Resource WoW-Heroes.com. Most excellent site to look up your character and evaluate your gear. It shows gear ratings and even makes suggestions for upgrades.
- A Must Resource Valuable Gear is available from QuarterMasters based on Reputation. This is something that can be overlooked. For whatever faction you are currently increasing you rep through questing, see if there is a quartermaster and the gear they have for sale. Outside of dungeons, it is the easiest way to gain access to some nice gear...
Misc Gear Tank Oriented Ivory Reinforced ChestGuards- Honored with Kalu'ak (Sairuk) in Dragonblight; Cloak of Peaceful Resolutions and Sabatons of Draconic Vigor- Honored with Wyrmrest Accord, Reins of the Red Drake revered with the Wyrmrest Accord, see (Ceilstrasza Quartermaster) in Wyrmrest Temple. Don't overlook Inscriptions that can be purchased such as the Greater Inscription of the Pinnacle that can be purchased from The Sons of Hodir in Storm Peaks. More items may be posted. Check the quartermaster link, then pick an individual Quartermaster to see the list of gear they offer. For more reputation and gear, also check out dailies and gear available through The Argent Crusade in Dragon Blight, Zul'Drak, and Icecrown (Veteran Crusader Aliocha Segard). See this Daily Quest link at WoWWiki for all of the Daily quests that can be used to increase reputation by faction.
- Tabbards- Don't over look tabbards which can be purchased from quartermasters. When worn in a L80 dungeon you get rep with that particular faction.
- A Must Resource for Pally Tanks Protection Palladin Field Manual- at ElitistJerks.com. Very worthwhile reading. Includes gear that any Plate wearing character would want.
- Enchants- you're gonna need them to do well at the level cap and why wait till the cap to start thinking about it? See the Crafter's Tome Enchant Database and WoWWiki's Enchantments by Slot. Crafter's Tome also includes a filter for Faction Reputation.
- Socketable Gear- When you have gear with a socket, get those gems installed! See Jewel Crafting for what gems give which attributes.
Class & Spec Info
- WoW Talent Calculator- work out custom builds with the help of this calculator.
- Fast Leveling - A blog with helpful tips&tricks about leveling different WoW classes.
- There appear to be no Class Trainers locted in Expansion Areas, TBC or WotLK. See Profession section for location of Grand Master Profession trainers in Northrend.
- Also see Quest/Locations Section.
- See Tailor section for good farming locations for first aid cloth.
- Note: Master Trainers are located on Hellfire Penninsula. You may find your character has maxed his/her's professions skill level at 300 Artisan. However until your toon has reached level 58, you won't be allowed through the dark portal (found in the Blasted Lands). See this quest: Through The Dark Portal.
- WoW Professions-at Blizzard.com.
- Armor Sets: WoW Armor Sets
- Class Guides at GotWarcraft.com.
- Class Guides at FreeWarcraftGuides.com.
- Allakhazam: Tradeskill Guide- Profession Trainer List.
- Riding Trainers- at Wowwiki.
- Class Trainer Link- at Wowwiki.com.
- WoW Leveling Guide - Leveling talent builds and information at WoWLevelingTrainer.com
- World of Warcraft Net- excellent class articles can be found here.
- If you are an aspiring TANK, see the Paladin section for some Tank links. Nothing against DKs, printing it once is enough. :)
- Builds: Death Knight; DeathKnightBuilds.com; 3.1 Patch Tank Build at GnomeDK.com.; Death Knight Build Samples at wowwiki.com; DK Builds at dkbuilds.net; Death Knight Leveling Spec at deathknightlevelingspec.org.
- Guides: Starter Area Guideat TenTonHammer; Death Knight Class Guide at TenTonHammer; Death Knight Guide;
- See the Gear, Baby! section.
- DK Tank Info- at GoldCEO.com (not an endorsement for buying gold).
- Rune System- at WoWWiki.com.
- Death Knight Talents- at Wikicheats.com.
- Death Knight- at wikicheats.com. Includes info on attack rotations.
- Death Knight Trainers- from WoWWiki.com.
- Corpse Dust is found at Reagent Vendors. Hellfire Peninsula: Magus Zabraxis in Honor Hold in the tower up on the hill (53,65)
- If you are an aspiring TANK, see the Paladin section for some Tank links. Nothing against druids, printing it once is enough. It's a good source for info, just remember you are wearing leather. :)
- Druid Builds at WoWWiki.com.
- All Purpose Druid Tank Build 0/54/17 at DruidBuilds.com.
- Druid Guide- at TenTonHammer.com.
- Petopia- WoW Hunter pet info.
- Pet Statistics- A listing of Pets categories, High Armor vs High DPS including what they can learn and their diets.
- Where to find pets- A listing of animals, their locations and levels.
- Arrow Quick Reference:; Terrokar Forest/Allerian Stronghold- Fabian Lanzonelli (General Goods & Bags) Sells both Wicked and Blackflight Arrows; Terrokar Forest/Shattrath City- Eral General Goods; Howling Fjord/Valgarde Wink Sprinklesprank (General Goods and Trade Supplies) at the Valgarde Inn.
- Blackflight Arrows- 32dps rated arrow at Thottbot.com. These arrows are found in Outlands (TBC) and in Northrend (WotLK). The link shows all the vendors who sell this arrow. (Select show all at the bottom of the list). Sold by Wink Sprinklesprank (General Goods and Trade Supplies) located in the Inn at Howling Fjord.
- Wicked Arrow Vendor Link- at WoWDigger.com.
- Wicked Arrow Vendor Reference- at Thottbot.com.
- Wicked Arrows- Location of Wicked Arrow Vendors at Allakhazam.com.
- Jagged Arrow Vendors- Location of vendors at Allakhazam.com.
- Iron Forge and Arrows- check out Bryllia IronBrand General Goods for Jagged and Wicked arrows. Facing the Bank the store is two doors to the right and to the right of the narrow corridor that leads to the Forge. The sign outside says Fizzlespinner's General Goods. It's a second story store (entrance at 39,37).
Stable Master Locations
- Howling Fjord (Horatio the Stable Boy, outside the Inn (58,63).
- Shattrath City: Oruhe (Neutral, outside Inn on Aldor Rise Loc 28,47).
- Frost Mage Build at Frostmagebuild.org
- Mage builds- at WoWWiki.com.
- Level Up Frost Mage 0-0-66 with 5 pts to spread as you see fit.
- Mage Leveling Guide - Frost leveling spec at WoWLevelingTrainer.com
- Mage Leveling Guide - How to level a Mage at Mage-LevelingGuide.com
- Stats Mage Guide - Guide of the most important stats and attributes for Mages
- StormWind City Reagent Vendor by main entrance in the Apothicary shop; Iron Forge by the Inn at Barim's Reagents; Arathi Highlands- Deneb Walker (vendor) in Stromgarde Keep who also sells First Aid Books.
- new Vendor List- Look for Reagent Vendors in this list for Teleportation Reagents.
- Rune of Teleportation- at WoWWiki.com.
- Rune of Teleportation- this Thottbot link shows a list of Mage Teleport Reagents and vendors/locations who sell them.
- Guides: New Paladin Tank guide- at TankSpot.com; Pally Guide- at TenTonHammer.com; Paladin Class Guide at GotWarcraft.com.
- Builds: Pally Builds- at PaladinBuilds.com; 3.1 Pally Tank build 5/54/12 at WoWArmory.com; Pally Tank Build 5/58/6 at Talent.mmo-champion.com; Paladin Builds at WoWWiki.com; Holy paladin Build at holypaladinbuild.com.
- Notible Tank Gear Available from QuarterMasters Based on Reputation: This is something that can be overlooked. Ivory Reinforced ChestGuards- Honored with Kalu'ak (Sairuk) in Dragonblight; Cloak of Peaceful Resolutions and Sabatons of Draconic Vigor- Honored with Wyrmrest Accord, Reins of the Red Drake revered with the Wyrmrest Accord, see (Ceilstrasza Quartermaster) in Wyrmrest Temple. Don't overlook Inscriptions that can be purchased such as the Greater Inscription of the Pinnacle that can be purchased from The Sons of Hodir in Storm Peaks. More items may be posted. Check the quartermaster link, then pick an individual Quartermaster to see the list of gear they offer. For more reputation and gear, also check out dailies and gear available through The Argent Crusade in Dragon Blight, Zul'Drak, and Icecrown (Veteran Crusader Aliocha Segard). See this Daily Quest link at WoWWiki for all of the Daily quests that can be used to increase reputation by faction. Also don't over look the Tabbards which can be purchased from quartermasters. When worn in a L80 dungeon you get rep with that particular faction. Bottom line, for whatever faction you are currently increasing you rep through questing, see if there is a quartermaster and the gear they have for sale.
- Tanking Related: Paladin Tanking Statistics Gear Guide- at WowVault.ign.com; New Paladin Tank guide- at TankSpot.com; Paladins as Tanks- at WoWWiki.com. Read about damage mitigation and threat rotation; The Light and How to Swing It- at Wow Insider; Paladin Tanking 101- at WoW Insider; MainTankadin- Pally discussion forums; WotLK Gear List- at MainTankadin.
- Tank Related: For aspiring Pally Tanks, a must read-> Tank Talk: Do You Feel Lucky Punk?- at WoW.com an outstanding article on what is involved in being a tank.
- Tank Related: Defense Defense Defense: What's more important for a tank, Armor or Defense? Appears the answer is 535 defense for heroics and 540 for raiding then worry about other stats like armor, dodge, attack etc. For aspiring Pally Tanks, a must read-> Protection Palladin Field Manual- at ElitistJerks.com; Polar's Easy Pre-Naxx Tank Gear List- at Tankspot.com.
- Wow paladin leveling guide- at prowowlevelingguide.com.
- Retribution Pally: RetPaladin.com- Guide for Retribution Paladins.
- Paladin Epic Horse Quest- Before you start it read: The Paladin Epic Horse Quest is no longer required and is a huge waste of time. As a Paladin, all you have to do is get expert horse training from the Horse Trainer at Eastvale Logging Camp in East Elwynn Forest (about 450 gold) and then see the Paladin Trainer (StormWind Cathedral) to purchase the upgrade.
- Paladin Tanking Statistics Gear Guide- at WowVault.ign.com.
- new New Paladin Tank guide- at TankSpot.com.
- Guides: Holy Priest Guide- at TenTonHammer. Priest Guide- at GotWarcraft.com. Priest Guide at WoWWiki.com.
- Builds: Priest Build 14/57/0 at WoWHead.com. Priest Builds- at WoWWiki.com. Priest Builds- at Priest Builds.com. Holy Raid Healing- from PriestBuilds.com. Holy Priest Build at holypriestbuild.com. Shadow Priest Build at shadowpriestbuild.net. Shadow Priest Spec at shadowpriestspec.net
- new Priest Tactics- at WoWWiki.com.
- Holy Candle- Reagent for Prayer of Fortitude.
- Rogue Leveling Guide - About rogue leveling guides at rogueleveling-guide.com
- Rogue Leveling Spec - talent build and complete spec for leveling your rogue
- Shaman Leveling Guide - Enhancement leveling spec at WoWLevelingTrainer.com
- Shaman Leveling - A blog dedicated to leveling up Shamans.
- Leveling a Warlock at WoWWiki.com.
- Warlock Leveling Guide - Affliction leveling spec at WoWLevelingTrainer.com
- Warlock Build - fast leveling warlock build
- If you are an aspiring TANK, see the Paladin section for some Tank links. Nothing against warriors, printing it once is enough. :)
- New Warrior Guide - Guide to master Warriors on WarriorGuide.net
- new Full List of TBC Profession Trainers at WoWVaut.
- new Profession Trainers in Northrend- at spooncraft.com.
- new Grand Master Trainer PDF- click on this link to download a PDF from giddygamer.com.
- Note: Blacksmith and Mining are two separate professions but as they are related, I have lumped these professions together. -Huntn.
- Black Smith Trainers hosted at Allakhazam.com.
- Shattrath City Forge and Armorsmith Trainer Zula Slagfury- Lower city (69,42).
- An excellent WoW Addon for mining is Carbonite. Not only does it include extensive quest/vendor info but you can pull up its databse for known zone locations for gathering.
- Guides: WoW Mining Guide- with maps at AlmostGaming.com. Black Smith Guide 1-300- at Lurkers Lounge. Blacksmithing at WoWWiki.com. Black Smith Guide at WoW Professions. The Noob School WoW Mining Guide- Includes mining zone routes; WoW Mining Guide 1-450 at WoW Professions.com
- Fel Iron Mining Guide- at TheNoobSchool.com.
- Silver- Arathi Highlands? The link says yes but I found more tin/silver in The Wetlands. Arathi is good for mostly iron and some mithril.
- Wetlands- Mostly Tin, some copper and iron, and Incendicite Ore (Spider Cave to West of road near mountain pass to Dun Algaz.)
- Coal- for smelting steel with iron is sold by vendors. See link.
- new Thorium Ore- Ungoro Crater and Silithius. Don't overlook the bug holes in Silithius.
- new Enchants- you're gonna need them to do well at the level cap and why wait till the cap to start thinking about it? See the Crafter's Tome Enchant Database and WoWWiki's Enchantments by Slot. Crafter's Tome also includes a filter for Faction Reputation.
- Tough if not toughest profession to make money.
- Engineering Trainers- at WoWWiki.com.
- See Tailor Section for cloth locations.
- First Aid Reference at Allakhazam on First Aid progression. However as this is a post it could be perishable.
- First Aid Trainers- at WoWWiki.com.
- Reference Wowwiki First Aid- lots of info here.
- The basic First Aid Trainers up to 150 skill are located at the big cities. For Alliance it's Stormwind City, Iron Forge, Thunderbluff and Undercity (+other locations, see the Allakhazam Profession Trainer List.
- For First Aid up to 225 there is the Expert First Aid book (1 gold) located at Stromgarde (Arathi Highlands, Deneb Walker) and BrackenWall City (Dustwallow Marsh, Balai Lok'Wein).
- MageWeave Bandage- requires 210 First Aid. Sold by Deneb Walker located at Stromgarde (Arathi Highlands).
- Training for Heavy Silk Bandage is also sold by Deneb Walker (for when you are at 170 trying to figure out how you'll ever get to 210...
- For Artisan First Aid (300) there are *quests- Alliance Trauma (Theramore, Alliance) & Horde Trauma (Hammerfall, Horde). *You must be at First Aid level 225 to get the quests. Note: for Alliance you pick up the quest at the First Aid Trainer in Iron Forge before heading to Theramore.
- 240-Heavy Mageweave Bandage (from Doctor Gustaf VanHowzen/Doctor Gregory Victor (Horde)
- 260-Runecloth Bandage (from Doctor Gustaf VanHowzen/Doctor Gregory Victor)
- 290-Heavy Runecloth (from Doctor Gustaf VanHowzen/Doctor Gregory Victor)
- For Master First Aid (375) there is the Master First Aid Doctor in the House book (5 gold) located at Temple of Telhamat (Alliance) and Falcon Watch (Horde).
- For Grandmaster (450) see the Allakhazam First Aid Trainer Link.
- 300 Neatherweave Bandage- Burko, Temple of Telhamat (22,39) Hellfire Penninsula.
- 325 Heavy Neatherweave Bandage- Burko, Temple of Telhamat (22,39) Hellfire Penninsula.
- Quest: The Family and the Fishing Pole Alliance Level 14 fishing quest located: Auberdine, Dark Shore on the beach next to Inn (Glubber Bump). Reward is a decent fishing pole.
- Expert Fishing Book requires fishing skill 125 teaches, enables fishing xp up to 225. Located at vendor in Booty Bay (lowest level ramp under Inn, coord: 27,77).
- Quest: Nat Pagle, Angler Extreme Artisan fishing quest located in Theramore. Requires fishing xp of 225. Completing quest allows xp up to 300.
- new Herbalism Zones at TheNoobSchool.com.
- new WoW Herbalism Guide at WoW-Professios.com.
- new Herbalism Trainers- at WoWWiki.com.
- new Herbalism Trainers- at Thottbot.com (be sure to click "show all").
Harvest Guide by Herbalism skill:
- Info mostly from WoW-Professions.com with additions added.
- 1 - 50 Earthroot, Peacebloom and Silverleaf located in all starter zones.
- Learn Herbalism Journeyman (75-150)
- 50 - 100 Briarthorn, Mageroyal, and Stranglekelp located in Barrens, Loch Modan, Silverpine Forest, Red Ridge, Westfall.
- 100 - 170 Briarthorn, Bruiseweed, Kingsblood, Liferoot, Stranglekelp, and Wild Steelbloom located in Hillsbrad Foothills, Stonetalon Mountains, Wetlands.
- Learn Herbalism Expert (150-225)
- 170 - 210 Kingsblood, Liferoot, Fadeleaf, Khadgar's Whisker, Goldthorn, Wild Steelbloom located in Arathi Highlands, Dustwallow Marsh, Stranglethorn Vale.
- Learn Herbalism Artisan (226-300).
- 210 - 270 Purple Lotus, Sungrass located in The Hinterlands.
- 270 - 300 Sungrass, Gromsblood, Golden Sansam, Dreamfoil, Mountain Silversage, Plaguebloom located in Azsahara and Felwood.
- Learn Herbalism Master (301-350) trainer in Outlands.
- 300 - 325 Felweed, Dreaming Glory located in Hellfire Penninsula. (TBC)
- 325 - 350 Ragveil, Flame Cap, Terrocone, Felweed, Dreaming Glory located in Zangarmarsh and Terrokar Forest.(TBC)
- Learn Herbalism Grand Master (351-400) in Northrend.
- 350 - 400 Goldclover located in Howling Fjord (and Borean Tundra?).(WoTLK)
- See Herbalism section for related info.
- Inscription Guide- at WoW Professions.
- Inscription- at WoWwiki.
- What Is Inscription?- at Worldofwarcraft.com.
- Introduction to Glyphs- at WoW Insider.
- Details Glyphs Runewords and More- at WoW Insider.
- Hunter's Ink (Verdant Pigment obtianed in Westfall (toon level 7-22) rarely obtained when milling Mageroyal, Briarthorn, Swiftthistle, Bruiseweed, Stranglekelp).
- Ivory Ink (Alabaster Pigment obtained in Ellyn Forest(toon level 1-10) from Silverleaf, Peacebloom, Earthroot) used to make basic scrolls.
- Lions Ink Golden Pigment obtained in Duskwood (toon level 20-30) and Wetlands, Ashenvale, and Hillsbrad Foothills from Wild Steelbloom, Grave Moss, Kingsblood, and Liferoot."
- Moonglow Ink (Alabaster Pigment obtained in Ellyn Forest (toon level 1-10) from Silverleaf, Peacebloom, Earthroot) used to make basic scrolls.
- Midnight Ink (Dusky Pigment obtained in Westfall (toon level 7-22) from Mageroyal, Briarthorn, Swiftthistle, Bruiseweed, Stranglekelp)- used to make basic glyphs and second tier scrolls.
- Burnt Pigment- (content being added)- Kingsblood, Wild Steelbloom, same plants that produce Golden Pigment.
- Emerald and Indego Pigment- Gold Thorn, Khadgar's Whiskers, Wintersbite.
- new Thottbot's List of Gems.
- Gem Lists by Color- at MMO-Champion.com.
- WoWWiki Gems- Info on Gems at WoWWiki.com.
- Socket Info- at WoWWiki.com.
- Outland Blue Gems- WoWWiki.com
- Outland Red Gems- WoWWiki.com.
- Outland Yellow Gems- WoWWiki.com
- Jewelcrafting Supplies and Trainer locations at Allakahazam.
- Jewelcrafting Recipes at Thottbot.com. Since Jewelcrafting trainers can be hard to come by if you are leveling a DeathKnight in classic WoW areas (Mining for raw materials), this recipe list is a must reference to know if you should return to the trainer or not.
- Jewelcrafting Trainers at WoWWiki.com.
- Tatiana (trainer)- Hellfire Penninsula, in the Inn at Honor Hold on the left as you go in.
- Jewel Crafting at WoWWiki.
- Jewelcrafting a Guide to Profit- WoW Europe Forums (perishable!!). 1/13/09.
- Jewelcrafting Guide at Almost Gaming.
- new Frost Saber Boots- Qia- vendor located in Winter Spring sells a variety of tailor items including Runecloth Bag pattern (tailor skill 260), Mooncloth pattern (tailor skill 250), and Frostsaber Boots (leatherworking 275).
- new Shattrath City location 66,68. Nasmara Moons- Mooncloth specialist sells tailoring patterns; Andrion Darkspinner- Shadowweave Specialist; Gidge Spellweaver- Spellfire Specialist.
- new Tailoring Trainers- at WoWWiki.com.
- new Felcloth- found in Felwood.
- new Ironweb Spider Silk- item used in several runecloth items.
- Mageweave- Furbolgs in Southern Felwood, Dwarves in Searing Gorge, Trolls in Hinterlands (specifically the large number of trolls located at Jintha'Alor in South Eastern Hinterlands.
- Netherweave Cloth- lots of it in The Burning Crusade zones such as Terokkar Forest in The Shadow Tomb (loc 31, 52)
- new Runecloth Bag- Qia- vendor located in Winter Spring sells a variety of tailor items including Runecloth Bag pattern (tailor skill 260) and Mooncloth pattern (tailor skill 250). Note: Items cycle and are of limited availability. According to user entries, you may have to camp out there for up to 1.5 hours to get Runecloth bag pattern. It took me about 40 min for the pattern to show up in the vendor's inventory.- Hunt'n
- RuneCloth- Thottbot reference. Stratholme is a good instance to find it. Black Rock Depths at Black Rock Mountain, Burning Steppes- lots of Runecloth on mobs.
- Silk- Strangletorn Vale, Scarlet Monestary (Instance), and kill Syndicate in the north-east of the Alterac Mountains zone.
- Wool- Lots of wool in the Stormwind City Stockades.