Upgrading MacBook RAM
From Mac Guides
This guide explains how to upgrade the RAM in a MacBook.
- Use a coin to turn the battery catch 90 degrees from its normal position, and remove the battery.
- Remove the three evenly spaced Philips screws from the rear wall of the battery compartment.
- Lift the L shaped metal cover and pull gently to the right to remove.
- Pull back on the metal lever and slide the RAM chip out from its compartment.
- Slide in the new RAM in until it is seated. Repeat for a second RAM chip - it does not matter which goes in which slot, as long as they are pushed right in.
Note: Using force may damage the RAM, or worse, the MacBook.
To finish, insert the metal cover again, then re-apply the screws, before inserting the battery.