Setting the Default Web Browser
From Mac Guides
As of Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther), the setting for the default web browser is no longer found in System Preferences. Instead you must set it from a web browser or from another, separate application. Below are instructions for both methods.
- Launch Safari
- Open the Safari Preferences. If you need to know how to open an application's preferences, see this article.
- Go to the general tab
- Set the default web browser to your choice
- Download the program's disk image from Rubicode
- Install the preference panel as per the instructions in the disk image. If you need more information on installing applications, see Installing Applications in Mac OS X
- Open up System Preferences and go to the new Default Apps panel
- Use the Internet tab to set the default web browser