Setting the Default E-mail Reader
From Mac Guides
As of Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther), the setting for the default e-mail reader is no longer found in System Preferences. Instead you must set it from an e-mail client or from another, seperate application. Below are instructions for both methods.
- Launch Mail
- Open the Mail Preferences. If you need to know how to open an application's preferences, see this article.
- Go to the General tab
- Set the default e-mail reader to your choice
- Download the program's disk image from VersionTracker
- Install the preference panel as per the instructions in the disk image. If you need more information on installing applications, see this article
- Open up System Preferences and go to the new Default Apps panel
- Use the Internet tab to set the default e-mail reader