SSH into your iPod touch (Windows)
From Mac Guides
- Install OpenSSH onto your iPod touch. It can be found under 'System' in the Installer
- You need to "jailbreak" your iPod to get the Installer
- Download PuTTY from here
- Run PuTTY
- Find your iPod touch's IP address
- Open the 'Settings' on your iPod
- Go to 'Wifi'
- Click the blue arrow beside your network's name
- Go to the 'Static' tab
- You will find you IP Address listed there
- Enter your iPod touch's IP address into the 'Host Name' box, inside of PuTTY
- Make sure the 'Port' box contains '22'
- Make sure you are on your iPod touch is on (not sleeping, or off), and click 'Open'
- It may take a while to first connect, but make sure your iPod stays on for this whole process
- You will get a warning message about a security breach. Simply press 'Yes'
- In the terminal, when 'login as:' appears, type 'root'
- When it prompts you for a password, type 'alpine'. NOTE: It appears you are not typing anything, but you really are
Your iPod touch is now open to SSHing.
- Download WinSCP from here
- Install WinSCP
- Run WinSCP
- Input the following in the corresponding fields:
- Host name: [You IP address]
- Port number: 22
- User name: root
- Password: alpine
- Click 'Login'
You are now browsing your iPod touch's innards.