MacBook Upgrade Guide
From Mac Guides
The two main upgrades for a MacBook are for the hard disk and memory (RAM).
- The MacBook is the first Apple laptop in recent history to feature an easily replaceable hard disk drive.
- It uses a 2.5" SATA drive, which must be 9.5 mm tall or less.
- To install a new hard disk, see Upgrading MacBook Hard Disks.
- MacBook comes 2GB RAM , in a configuration of 2x 1 GB chips, and is upgradable to 4 GB.
- See Understanding Intel Mac RAM for the upgrade options of different models of MacBook
- See Buying RAM for suggestions of RAM Sources
- To insert new memory, follow the procedure described at Upgrading MacBook RAM.