From Mac Guides
You must agree to the MacRumors Registration Agreement and MacRumors Forum Rules when you register for MacRumors.
The Registration Agreement is repeated here for reference. This is not the Registration Agreement page itself, since you see that page only when you register, so there is no checkbox to check or button to click here.
MacRumors registration is free and allows you to participate in the MacRumors forums. Registration is limited to one membership per person, with a single name and email address, and accounts are not to be shared. Do not register unless you agree to the terms below.
You warrant and acknowledge:
- that you are at least 13 years old.
- that you give MacRumors permission to store your posts in a database and display them on a website.
- that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, hateful, abusive, threatening, sexually explicit, or that violate any law.
- that you will observe all forum rules, including the rules that prohibit posts with personal insults, advertising, or the promotion of a product, service, organization, or website, except where explicitly permitted.
- that you understand that your posts and the user name you select will be visible to the Internet and to search engines, that you are responsible for your own privacy in deciding what to post, and that your posts will remain visible even if you leave MacRumors or your account is closed for any reason.
- that your membership may be temporarily suspended or permanently banned for violation of the forum rules.
- that you will be permanently banned if you re-register while your membership is suspended.
The owners of MacRumors reserve the right to:
- remove, edit, move, or close any discussion or message for any reason.
- close memberships that are detrimental to the forum community.
- make changes to the forum rules without notice.
Although the MacRumors administrators and moderators will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for them to review all forum posts. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of MacRumors, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless MacRumors and its owners and agents with respect to any claim based upon the storage or display of your messages.
If you agree to these requirements, check the checkbox below and press the 'Register' button below. If you do not agree, click here to cancel your registration and return to the forums index.
[checkbox] I have read and agree to abide by the MacRumors rules.