Apple Universal Dock
From Mac Guides
The Apple Universal Dock is an accessory made by Apple to provide additional facilities and function as a stand for most iPod models. It is compatible with all iPods that utilize a dock connector (3rd generation and onwards).
- Holds the iPod upright in an accessible position.
- Front IR port allows you to use the Apple Remote Control (available separately) to control the iPod remotely.
- Rear ports include; a dock connector to provide connectivity with a computer or mains charger, S-Video out for connecting to a TV or projector and a Line-Out socket for use with a stereo system.
- The dock is supplied without any cables.
- For newer iPods (5th generation and nano's) a dock adapter is supplied with the iPod to allow you to use them with this dock.
- Adapters are supplied to allow use with the following iPods: iPod mini's, 4G iPods and Color iPods
- The menu button on the remote is non-functional, per the user manual.
- Remote control functionality is not the same as the AppleTV or FrontRow functionality.
- The remote control can only be effectively used to control music, not videos.